DRAFT CRYPTOCURRENCY REGULATIONS ISSUED BY THE UAE’S SECURITIES & COMMODITIES AUTHORITY – SEEKS INDUSTRY FEEDBACK
Following the tireless efforts to regulate and develop capital markets operating in the UAE, coupled with increasing trends of virtual currencies across the globe, on 15 October 2019, the Securities and Commodities Authority (“SCA”), the mainland UAE’s financial market watchdog, issued the Draft Crypto Asset Regulations (viz. “The Regulation for Issuing and Offering Crypto Assets” or “the Regulations”) in order to seek feedback from the relevant stakeholders, preferably no later than 29 October 2019.
For further reading on the draft cryptocurrency regulations issued by UAE’s SCA, click here
How Can We Help?
We are a team of highly skilled and qualified professionals, boasting specialized expertise in regulatory compliance, financial crime prevention and AML (including certified anti-money laundering specialists and a FATF trained legal expert examiner), risk management and governance, as well as a vast experience across financial services industry and multiple related fields from reputable jurisdictions.
We offer tailored regulatory and compliance services across a wide range of compliance services and regulatory advice, and focus on guiding clients in reducing non-compliance risks. We assist in understanding and meeting the regulatory obligations and compliance in the UAE (including DIFC/DFSA, ADGM/FSRA, SCA and Central Bank) for a proposed regulated set-up or existing business. Our expertise spans across a wide range of financial services activities including FinTech and digital assets, wealth management, banking, fund management and others.
Our comprehensive regulatory and compliance service offerings include:
- Authorisation assistance including development of regulatory business plan, advice on pre-regulatory risk assessments, liaison with the regulators, etc.
- Customised policies and procedures as per regulatory requirements (AML, Compliance, Risk Management, Governance, Conflicts of Interests, Remuneration, Compliance Monitoring Program etc.) and training programs
- Outsourcing functions – Compliance Officer/MLRO, Risk Officer and Finance Officer
- Compliance health check
- Remediation of policies and client files
- Regulatory change management
- Corporate governance
- Internal audit
- Risk management
Partner & Head – Regulatory & Compliance Services